Saturday, February 13, 2010

paused mid selection

well, i got my much anticipated gem shipment and now i'm not satisfied with what i ordered. my own fault, really, i just got the scale off. so i am about to embark on a redesign. in the meantime, i have come up with an idea for some initial charms that i think will turn out nicely. i read a guide to running a jewelry business, and it suggested that it is a good idea to offer some sort of initial as a low end sale and i thought, why not, i like working with script and type anyhow.

i got a little bit, ehem, "overzealous" in my soldering, but i'm still relatively satisfied with the concept.

my plan is to come up with a production line that is light and playful in time for the athens indiecraftstravaganza this spring. this design will fit the bill, i think, and i may design my cards around it as well.

the question is, will i make enough in time for the show... perhaps that's what i should be doing instead of working on this blog.

1 comment:

  1. can't wait to see what you come up with! doing a production line sort of thing was really hard for me. I had to come up with something that wouldn't be exactly the same each time - that sort of thing makes me bonkers...

    ReplyDelete

would you like to offer critique or encouragement?